Sunday 1 November 2015

Project 1


This project made me begin to think about how much a space could change in any given period of time- Specifically, a short period of time. I attribute my work in theatre to this idea, as I spend much of my time devising ways to make time pass artificially and quickly while still convincing people- the audience- that it is real. As I was considering how to best fit this idea into my project I decided to take these changes and make them as bold as possible while maintaining the context of the theatre. 

In the first revision of this project I played with just slowly transitioning different colors throughout the space in an effort to explore how they effected the overall mood and feeling. After executing this, I realized that it was quite a boring sixty seconds and needed something to make it interesting. To counteract this I juxtaposed slow transitions with rapid changes and found that the active shots contained far more depth in emotion. By maintaining a single shot, my goal was to focus on the space as opposed to the camera, video or angle. Hopefully by doing this, a balance is found between the space, and the feelings the various colors that provoke them. Overall, Im not sure if my goals are achieved but I do think there is something pretty about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment