Sunday 11 October 2015

Response Part #2



I am going to be studying the space on the second floor of Ann Arbor's Michigan Theater - the entrance to the upstairs seating. This gorgeous historic "shrine to art" was designed by Maurice Finkel and opened in 1928.

I selected this particular space due to the aesthetic beauty and charm that it holds. The staircase also caught my eye because I think it would be interesting to see how it accommodates foot traffic as the day progresses.


My plans regarding looking at the space over a period of time are to look at how the space transforms throughout the day. I plan to film once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once at night to create a time-lapse depicting the way the space adapts to the people and lighting throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment