Sunday 11 October 2015

Response 2



           The space the I selected to shoot my video at is Yost Ice Arena. Built in 19xx, Yost is the home of the Michigan Ice Hockey team. The arena combines new technology with brick features inside, giving it both a futuristic and old feelings. I felt that this contrast presented a something interesting to highlight in my video.
            I selected this space because of its ability to convey a change over time. By filming the video over the course of a whole game, the viewer will be able to see how people interact with the building and event in the building during the game.
            To shoot this video, I want to film shots of the empty stands before the game, warmups, during the game, and after the game. To help these shots flow together and show some sort of “time lapse,” I want to shoot the same scene and camera angle at different points in the game, and by using iMovie video transitions, I will be able to make the clips from two different parts of the game flow together like one shot. By doing this, I believe I will be able to effectively capture the space of Yost Ice Arena and how it changes on gameday.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment