Sunday 11 October 2015

Response 2, Part 2



The place I've selected is the West Engineering Arch.  This arch is composed of  heavy stone and red brick and serves as an entrance to the Diag.  The facade of this arch is rather simple: two stack of geometric bricks, each with rounded edges.  The top consists of a keystone and stone shoulders.  At night, the tunnel is illuminated by an assortment of small lights, while the exterior is illuminated by lamp posts.

I chose this location for many reasons.  I pass through this area frequently as I walk to my classes; I have examined it at many different times of day.  Normally, this arch is very busy- I've even seen vocalists utilizing its stellar acoustics.  It's just as much functional as it is decorative.

With concern to filming, I want to focus on the functionality of the tunnel throughout the day.  I hope to employ exterior shots examining the influx of commuters at various times and on both sides.  Additionally, I hope to provide a first-person point of view by recording the interior as I pass through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment