Saturday 17 October 2015

Response 2- Part 2

(1) The Nickel Arcade, which is located at the west side of central campus. Near the Walgreen's, and it is from S. State St. to Maynard St.

(2) Many aspects of the arcade attracted me. First of all, it is on the way back home for me; I had so many chances to see the place. The use of sunlight in daytime--sunlight comes into the space through glass ceiling--and its function as a market place were very interesting for me. In addition, the large number of floating population passes the arcade was also interesting.

(3) I will use tripod to shoot the video in the arcade. Time-frame will be from around 1 hour before sunsets to 30 minutes after sunset because I want to show how the lighting changes from using sunlight to artificial lighting. In about 1.5 hours to 2 hours, people come and go through the arcade so the video will show how large number of people go through it, and through people visit stores in the arcade, the commercial function also can be expressed in the video. About editing the video, to show the changes in the place as time goes through, I will just make the video plays rapidly. (Maybe the sunset time would be little slower than other parts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment