Friday 30 October 2015

Final Video-Hayden Robbins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz8oGEiFFDE



The idea behind my video is the separation of spaces between the gates and the main stage that is the field. When people attend an event at The Big House, most people make their way through the space as fast as they can to get inside to watch the game. My goal was to show the layers of space that encompass the stadium. Anyone can go in the stadium on game day, but when it’s all closed off, the space that seems so crowded and clustered on football Saturdays, opens up into an organized piece of space set up to disperse people. With that being said, the fact that it was closed also limited the video angles I could get. Every video I took all angled toward the northern most point of the stadium to try and show different perspectives of this same space. I think it’s important to point out the atmosphere of the stadium during the “boring” days. It is one extreme to another. On a game day, people know how hectic it can get around the stadium. This video shows just how ghostly the atmosphere can seem on just an average day of the week. I tried to show the layers of separation at each northern entrance and I hope my video accurately expressed the organization of the different entrances and how as you move through the space it guides you into the tunnels that ultimately lead you to the bleachers.
Ever since I was old enough to understand what football was, I have been a Michigan football fan. This stadium is an icon to the University and even the world. I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to evaluate the Stadium at moments that it isn’t famous for.

 A factor that was not included in the video is how often I witness people taking pictures in front of the stadium. I am guilty of taking this piece of architecture for granted nowadays, but I witness people from all over the place come and take a picture with The Big House because of how special it is to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment