Thursday 8 October 2015

response 2 parts 1 and 2


PART 1




PART 2

1. PICTURE OF DIAG

2. The space I have selected is the diag. It is a point in the trees where many sidewalk crossings are visible. During passing time, the sidewalk space is easily distinguished from the grassy area because of the amount of people traffic there is at that time. The grassy area is clearly defined and known to all as a place to relax. Sometimes people even hook hammocks between the trees and study out there. This is in stark contrast to the sidewalk--it is a highway of people trying to cross the diag. I am planning to use a drone to accomplish this project but unfortunately it is not available to me until next week so I do not have accurate test shots right now.

3. I selected the space because of how overwhelming it was to me my first week of classes. When I visited Michigan, school was not in session. I remembered my tour guide talking about how insane the area became, but I went to a small high school and could not picture entire sidewalks filled with people, all moving with purpose, in between classes. This traffic through this area has fascinated me in my first few weeks here.

4. My plan is to use a drone to capture this area from above at different times of day. Sure, it is interesting during passing time, but it is also a highway of people walking back late at night and more sparsely. I want to try to use the same angle each time and try to capture the same space over time--once for sure with a sped up passing time and then a few times at night as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment